Tuesday, March 15, 2011

falalala

Well, it's been a while- so, we're all settled in now.  The good news is- we finally have internet again!!! :)
In the meantime, quickie update...

Sister # 6 is officially married off!

Sister #5 had her sweet baby girl!


As for me: My belly is growing FAST!


I can't wait for the little man to come out! Oh, and funny story...kinda: 
I've taken a (very) part time job at the YMCA here- since I, basically, have nothing to do before the baby  comes. Anyway, I was at my first day of training the other day- doing paperwork with my supervisor, when all of the sudden I start sweating...not glistening, SWEATING... PROFUSELY. Now, I really don't want this lady to think that I'm a weakling who can't work just because I'm pregnant. So, I casually try to wipe my face and act like everything is cool as she reads over the material. After a few moments I'm literally dripping with sweat (gross) and my vision starts going. I calmly touch her arm and tell he I need to use the restroom. (thinking I can get to the bathroom and cool down- like nothing ever happened) MY ears start ringing. She looks at me (apparently, I'm ghostly white at this point) and says "let me get you a cold rag!" I sit silently because I literally feel like I'll pass out if I move. (seriously)
Long story short- she brings cold compresses and starts putting them all over me and after a few minutes: things go back to normal.  Then, about twenty minutes later it starts again. I'm super embarrassed as I try to convince her that I'm not a fainty pregnant lady! I end up going to my doctor's office to make sure everything is ok and while they're running all kinds of tests, the nurse asks me if I've been taking my pills. "My vitamins?" I reply. "No, your pill- for your anemia." "uh....am I anemic?" "We called in your prescription months ago...?" (I look at her like she's crazy) She starts flipping back in my chart and looks stunned. "I'm so sorry- somehow we forgot to tell you...you are severely anemic. We should've called it in months ago...you need to be on them."
So, it turns out I'm anemic...which is why I almost passed out AND why I've been SO tired!
Craziness. (especially because I have a really good doctor! lol)
Anyway, that's my story for today. 

I hope all is well in your world.... :)


1 comment:

  1. wow. that would have been nice information to have- MONTHS AGO! :)

    hoping all is well now and that you have plenty of iron! :)

    we need a new belly pic!

    ReplyDelete