Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food

Do you ever wish you had an unlimited amount of money for grocery shopping?
Sometimes, I want to try to cook something new...even something FANCY- but not only is there the fact the it's unreasonable to spend above a certain amounts on groceries but there is the fear that if I go all out and buy expensive ingredients for something fantastic the meal will flop and that will make it all that much worse!
On the other hand is my desire to go whole foods ONLY. Somehow, I feel like that's impossible for a woman who is married to a real live "meat and potatoes" guy. I mean, I guess I could do completely separate groceries but I don't see that being very reasonable/realistic.
THEN there are the moments (I'm having one right now...but resisting) where I just want to eat whatever junk I can't find....throw down a bunch of carbs and sugar!
Ok....that's disgusting. Can you imagine how cruddy you'd feel after eating that?!

However, we do live right down the street from a Krispy Kreme.....my arch enemy...

Even as I'm typing this my mind and stomach are contemplating taking a stroll up the street to make a purchase from my obesity spreading friends. BUT I will resist (right?) because I haven't even been to the gym- atleast if I'd been to the gym I could decide if I felt like it was worth throwing away all that hard work in order to break even with a donut- but for now I don't have room to squeeze in the carb crash.

Enough about that...or else I'll have to get some! I've been eating them so much lately- I now look like THIS

Ok- I'm totally kidding. I haven't bee eating them at all and I used FAT BOOTH to make that picture! haha (It's so disturbing- I had to share!) Don't worry- I'm not on Biggest Loser just yet. ;) Actually, I'll be on my way back down the scale soon- if I can stick with getting back into the gym. (phew) It really does make me not only look better but I always feel SO good once I get into my routine! 

Wow- that was alot of talk about food....I think I'll call it quits now....especially because I actually have alot I'm supposed to be doing!
Well, have a "Terrific Tuesday"!








2 comments:

  1. lol cat! tis true healthy aint cheap! but you know- meat and potatoes are whole foods :)
    just use lean meats and butter substitutes for the taters :)

    i am going to post some a few of the recipes we've made soon- and i think they would be bobby approved :)
    lasagna
    oven fried chicken
    chicken pot pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures in this post gross me out so bad! Good thing I'm not still pregnant or I would've just lost it!

    ReplyDelete