Wednesday, June 30, 2010

old school

Random day = random picture. Yes this really happened today- even though it looks like it's from the early 90's.... my "sidekick" (the one wearing sunglasses in a room without windows) Katie as she sits in on the interns taking their spiritual gifts test

so great

So, our AC is finally fixed...well "temporarily" according to the repair man:  theres a leak...and he needs to ask the owners about it. (yikes) So, we're waiting for the word on that....and our dishwasher which hasn't worked since we moved in 8 months ago....still broken. BUT I can't complain much- not staying at home while the AC was broken has given me a new found love for our little shoebox (as bobby calls it). Not that I don't LOVE my in-laws (thank God they love close and would let us live with them forever if we wanted to!) but I just love having our own little nest...where we can sit on the couch and eat icecream on the couch in the middle of the afternoon without fear of being judged. (ha!)
Anyway, next week is Branded By Fire and I can't wait! If you've never been- it basically looks like...
this. (hundreds of teenagers seeking God!)

Also, my sister and husband are bringing a group over and I get to keep my sister and sweet little niece for the week!!!! (yay for kissing baby feet) ....hmm....am I getting old? ....oh well! :) Well, I'm supposed to be downstairs doing after hours with our kids....AKA dodgeball...I throw like a girl and I can't catch so I snuck up here to do some blog reading....and writing but I suppose I should sneak back down before anyone notices I'm gone ;)  see you soon, blog world....

3 comments:

  1. Just found you through Lauren's blog. My pastor is speaking at Branded by Fire this week. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Brother Richard? He's so great- he's my spiritual grandpa ;) I'm sure your church knows how blessed they are to have such an awesome father of the faith as a pastor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's him! I'm pretty sure the rest of the church knows..... I definitely do!

    ReplyDelete