Monday, April 19, 2010

You again

It's Monday- so lots of work to do... and just a minute to procrastinate before I jump into a long list of      to-do's!

This week we are kicking off our girls ministry. I have new "umph" for it! We had out leadership class yesterday and the youth pastor (who has been a friend for many years) casually handed me the reigns- FULLY- for the first time. It was no big deal to anyone I'm sure- but can I tell you what a dork  am? I starting crying during his closing prayer...
My heart feels like it's going to explode when I think of these girls...I want ALL the best for them- I have so many things I want to teach them...and so many ideas for how to do that and not enough ideas for how to implement it! AAAHH!!!

Semi-change of subject:
Have you heard Lisa Bevere? She's incredible! I love her- because I've never been one of those woman speakers who has the naturally gentle tone when I'm speaking- as if I were whispering with a huge smile on my face. She just speaks from her heart and is who she is and is so refreshing. (PS- I'm not knocking those women who speak like that- I used to wish I was one! haha) Anyway, I've been reading one of her books called "NURTURE: give and get what you need to flourish" I'm in love! It's all about women reconnecting and how we all need eachother etc...it's sounds cheesy but if we grasped it the world would be an incredible place.

Anyway, that's alot of rambling! Time to get back to work....Meanwhile- My favorite pic right now
This is Abi. She's one of our students and she's GREAT...I'm pretty sure she doesn't know how great she is...but she is :) I love looking at her pictures- because I like her perspective. I want to use her for a campaign for the girls ministry. (we'll see)

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment